Saturday, January 9, 2010

New web page up!

TADA. I have completed the revamp of my home page. You can see it here at www.systemsbioecology.org. There are two main design ideas that I used. First, there is only one menu at the front page. This is done, because multiple and sub-menus can be confusing. I want the visitor to see an outline of what’s there right away. Second, I make use of several external web sites for hosting content. For example, my videos are at YouTube; my “news” are at Blogspot (here); etc. I hope that this will help me manage the content on the page and increase visibility. The content has also changed. I removed a lot of “old” information, like access to archives of my previous web pages; details of my consulting history; etc. I hope this will help me direct people to the most current information, which is what I want them to see. Of course, I also updated a lot of the information. OK, well that’s it for now… Take care, Ferdi.

No comments:

Post a Comment